The major achievements in Animal Science Research are :
- Exploited Embryo Transfer Technique in Ongole cattle.
- Conservation and upgrading of Punganur cattle is being carried out through biotechnological approaches.
- Developed 100 combinations of low cost Livestock and Fish rations using agro by products.
- Developed ILR 90 Jubilee high feed conversion efficient layer strain of poultry.
- A dual purpose colour bird named (RAJASRI) good for meat and eggs suitable for rearing as backyard poultry was developed.
- Evolved two synthetic broiler rabbit breeds, APAU Fawn and APAU black.
- Technology for environment friendly disposal of Poultry droppings for biogas and bio manure developed.
- Vaccine on Bluetongue (BTV-2 Sero type) disease affecting sheep was developed for field use.
- APBN 1 high yielding succulent and perennial fodder variety was developed and released.
- The marine crab and sea bass culture as an alternative species to Tiger Prawn developed.
- Promoted commercial prawn culture as an alternate to Shrimp culture.
- Standardized the technology for fish seed production : 1. Magur (clarious batracus) 2.Channa Striatus (murrel) seed developed and supplied to small and marginal farmers.