Policies And Procedures
- Users should bring their ID cards while coming to the library.
- Users should check the physical condition of a book while borrowing the same.
- If the damaged book belongs to a set, then the user is responsible for the entire set.
- During power/system failures, the circulation counter services will be suspended.
- Immediately after the issue of a book, the user is required to take out the same from the library’s.
- No book should be returned on the day of issue.
- While leaving the library user should ensure that they carry only those books that are duly issued on their names, otherwise disciplinary action will be taken against them.
- User must check the Accession Number of the book issued on his / her name with the printed borrower's slip before leaving the circulation counter. No objection will be considered later.
- Every user is requested to check the status of books outstanding against his/her name soon after a transaction at the counter. Discrepancy, if any, should be brought to the notice of the counter person immediately. Any complaint thereafter is not likely to be entertained. When there is an emergent demand for a borrowed book, the same must be returned within seven days to the library.
- Users are responsible for complying with the copyright act while photocopying library document.
- An outgoing member should return the library cards and all the documents outstanding against his/her name along with his outstanding delay fine if any.
- If any member is found misusing /mutilating /stealing/ cutting pages from a book, disciplinary action will be initiated against him/her, besides withdrawing the library facilities.
- Improper use of library facilities by a member will lead to the suspension of termination of his/her membership.
- Use of mobile phone is strictly prohibited inside library premises. If found, the membership as well as use of library facilities will be suspended.