The University shall work for
- Improving the quality enhancement of education in Veterinary, Dairy and Fishery sectors in order to produce competent graduates and postgraduates to increase livestock wealth and to benefit livestock farmers, fish farmers, and processing industries.
- Enhancing the productivity and profitability of livestock and fisheries under different farming systems of the State with emphasis on natural resource planning and environmentally sustainable management practices.
- Intensifying basic and applied research in the areas of animal and fish production, health and management to tackle the existing and emerging situations.
- Developing appropriate strategies to tackle the future disasters affecting livestock welfare by forecasting based on scientific knowledge.
- Suggesting timely livestock development policy initiatives for the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Attaining expertise and efficiency in the application of Biotechnology and other cutting-edge technologies for improving livestock productivity.
- Post-harvest handling and value addition to livestock, dairy and fishery products.
- Developing cost-effective livestock farm machinery, equipment, renewable energy sources etc.
- Develop appropriate human resources to meet the future demands at the National and International level.