Professor and Head
Dr. P. Anand Kumar
+91 9849071750 p_anandkumar[at]yahoo[dot]com
Qualification : M.V.Sc. (Veterinary Immunology); Ph.D. (Veterinary Immunology)
Specialization : Veterinary Immunology
- Anand Kumar, P. and Das, S.K. (1996). A colorimetric assay to evaluate the cytotoxic activity of the intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes (iIELS) of chickens. Veterinary Research Communications. 20: 513-518.
- Anand Kumar, P. Das, S.K. and Rao, J.R. (1998). Effect of immunostimulation on cytotoxic activity of intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes (iIELS) of chickens in infectious bursal disease and Eimeria tenella infections. Acta Veterinaria Hungarica. 46(1):1-11.
- Raghu, T.K., Nagaraja. T.R., Anand Kumar, P. and Mishra. S.C. (2001). Adjuvancity of oil and vitamin A and E in infectious bursal disease vaccine in chickens. Online Journal of Veterinary Research. 5 (1): 161-171
- Nagaraja, T.R., Raghu, T.K., Anand Kumar. P. and Mishra S.C. (2001). Mitogenic activity of chicken intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes to Cocanavalin A and its potentiation by muramyl dipeptide and immune lymphokines during Salmonella enteritidis infection. Online Journal of Veterinary Research. 5 (1): 180-186
- Anand Kumar, P. and Butchaiah, G. (2004). Partial antigenic Characterization of Buffalopox Virus. Veterinary Research Communications. 28: 543-552.
- Anand Kumar, P. (2009). Evaluation of PCR test for detecting major pathogens of bubaline mastitis directly from mastitic milk samples of buffaloes. Tropical Animal Health and Production. 41 (8): 1643 – 1651.
- Ramanipushpa. R.N., Anand Kumar, P. and Subramanyam. K.V. (2009). Incidence of C. fetus sub. species venerialis in a breeding bull. Indian Journal of Animal Health. 48 (1): 51-52.
- Ramanipushpa, R.N., Anand Kumar, P. and Subramanyam. K.V. (2009). Isolation of Pasteurella multocida from rabbits and its antibiogram. Indian Journal of Animal Health. 48 (1): 57-58.
- Ramanipushpa. R.N., Thangavel, K. and Anand Kumar, P. (2010). Bacterial etiology and antibiogram of clinical mastitis. Indian Veterinary Journal. 87: 187-188.
- Rao. G.S., Anand Kumar, P and Bharavi, K. (2010) In vitro antibacterial activity of quercitin and morin against bovine mastitis pathogens. Indian Journal of Pharmacology. 42: Supplement 2, page S312. (Conference abstract supplement)
- Sreedevi, C., Md. Hafeez, Md,, Subramanyam. K.V., Anand Kumar, P. and Chengalva Rayulu, V. (2011). Development and evaluation of flow through assay for detection of antibodies against porcine cysticercosis. Tropical Biomedicine. 28 (1): 160-170.
- Sreedevi, C., Ramadevi, V. Anand Kumar, P. and Annapurna, P. (2011). Neurocysticercosis in a pig. Philippine Journal of Veterinary Medicine. 48 (2): 114-117.
- Sreedevi, C., Hafeez, Md., Anand Kumar, P., Chengalva Rayulu. V., Subramanyam, K.V. and Sudhakar, K. (2012). PCR test for detecting Taenia solium cysticercosis in pig carcasses. Tropical Animal Health and Production. 44: 95-99.
- Lavanya, K., Ramadevi, V., Srilatha, Ch., and Anand Kumar, P. (2013). Immunohistochemical staining for cytokeratin in pneumonic lung tissues of slaughter pigs. Research and Reviews: Journal of Veterinary Science and Technology. 2 (1): 1-4.
- Estheru, S., Ramadevi. V., Annapurna, P. and Anand Kumar, P. (2013). Incidence of spontaneous live lesions in pigs. Research and Reviews: Journal of Veterinary Science and Technology. 2 (1): 5-7.
- Bhanu Babu, P., Makkena Sreenu, Anand Kumar, P, Raghavender, K.B.P. and Raju, N. K. B. (2014). Acellular matrix of swim bladder for the reconstruction of abdominal wall defects in Rabbit – An immunological study. International Journal of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine. 2(2): 66-70.
- Lavanya, K., Sreenu, M., Prasad, V.D., Suresh, K., Anand Kumar, P. and Jagapathiramayya, P. (2014). Radiographic evaluation of acellular matrix of swim bladder for augmentation cystoplasty in rabbits. International Journal of Veterinary Science. 3(4): 198-202
- Prasad, V.G.N.V., Vivek, Ch., Anand Kumar. P., Ravi Kumar, P. and Rao, G.S. (2015). Turpentine oil induced inflammation decreases absorption and increases distribution of phenacetin without altering its elimination process in rats. European Journal of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics. 40: 23-28.
- Mahesh, R., Sreenu, M., Anand Kumar, P, Suresh Kumar, R.V., and Kishore, P.V. (2015). Immunological study on Acellular Matrix of Fish Swim Bladder for Oesophagoplasty in a Rabbit Model. International Journal of Livestock Research. 5(4): 57-61.
- Paresh Sharma, Peddi Reddy, D, Anand Kumar, P. Ramya, G., Neena, G. and Vasundhara Bhandari (2015). Draft genome sequence of Staphylococcus aureus strain isolated from cow with clinical mastitis. Genome announcements. 3 (4): e00914-15.
- Subhashree. A.V.S., Sivarama Krishna, G., Deepika Kumari, G., Nagendra Reddy, T. and Anand Kumar, P. (2015). Pathogenicity study on Extra-intestinal avian pathogenic Escherichia coli isolated from broiler chickens. Indian Journal of Agriculture Business. 1 (2): 85-89.
- Nagendra Reddy, T., Sivarama Krishna, G., Deepika Kumari, G., and Anand Kumar, P. (2015). Phenotyping as a diagnostic tool for Dermatophilus congolensis infection in bovines. IOSR Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Science. 8 (10): 77-80.
- Alpha Raj, M., Muralidhar, Y., Sravanthi, M., Prasad, T,N,V.K.V., Nissipriya, M., Sirisha Reddy, P., Shoba Neelima, T., Dilip Reddy, G., Adilaxmamma, K., Anand Kumar, P. and Giridhar Krishna, T. (2016). First report on rapid screening of nanomaterials based anti-microbial agents against ß-lactamase resistance using pGLO plasmid transformed Escherichia coli HB 101 K-12. Applied Nanoscience, 6(6): 941-949.
- Hiral Mistry., Paresh Sharma, Sudipta Mahato., Saravanan, R., Anand Kumar, P. and Vasudhra Bhandari (2016). Prevalence and Characterization of Oxacillin susceptible mecA-positive clinical isolates of Staphylococcus aureus causing Bovine Mastitis in India. PLOS ONE: 11 (9): e0162256.
- Anand Kumar, P., Lakshminarasaiah, S., Rao, G.S., Azad, R., Sharma, P and Reddanna, P. (2018) Exploration of Antibacterial and Anti-inflammatory activities of Premna integrifolia plant extracts in Bubaline mastitis. Journal of Complementary Medicine and Alternative Healthcare. 7(5): DOI: 10.19080/JCMAH.2018.07.555724
Research Projects handled
- Four (04) in the capacity of Principal Investigator:
- "Indian Network for Fisheries and Animals Antimicrobial Resistance (INFAAR)" coordinated by ICAR-FAO. (Ongoing)
- "PCR test for detecting major pathogens of Bovine Mastitis" funded by Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, New Delhi.(2005-2007).
- "Antibiotic resistance of bacterial pathogens and cytokines mediated mammary tissue damage in bubaline mastitis: Role of polyphenols and NSAIDS" funded by National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NIAB), Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, Hyderabad (2012-2016).
- "Evaluation of Anti-inflammatory Natural Compounds for Therapeutic use in Dairy Animals" funded by National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB), Ministry of AYUSH, GOI, New Delhi (2014-17).
- Two (02) in the capacity of Co-Principal Investigator:
- "Screening of flavonoids (phytochemicals) against bovine mastitis pathogens in vitro" funded by Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University, Tirupati. (2008-2009, 2010-2011).
- ""Development and evaluation of acellular biomaterial of marine origin for tissue repair in bovine" funded by Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, New Delhi (2009-2012).
- One (01) Industry Funded Minor research Project in the capacity of Principal Investigator (to be completed):
- "Diagnosis of Respiratory Diseases in Poultry with reference to Avibacterium paragallinarum and Ornithobacterium rhinotracheale" funded by Intervet India Pvt. Ltd., Pune.
Awards and Achievements
VCI Enrolment and Professional bodies and Membership details
- Registered member of Veterinary Council of India (Reg. No. 348)
- Registered member of Andhra Pradesh Veterinary Council (Reg. No. 3373).
- Life member of Indian Society for Veterinary Immunology & Biotechnology.
- Life member of Indian Immunology Society.
- Life member of Association of Avian Health Professionals (India).
Areas of Interest
Department of Veterinary Microbiology,
NTR College of Veterinary Science,
NTR College of Veterinary Science, Gannavaram
Estd. under Act No.18 of 2005 of Govt. of A.P. & Recognized by UGC Under Section -2(f) of UGC Act.
యన్.టి.ఆర్ పశువైద్య కళాశాల, గన్నవరం
స్థాపితం. ప్రభుత్వం యొక్క 2005 నెం .18 కింద. A.P. & UGC చట్టం యొక్క విభాగం -2 (f) కింద UGC చే గుర్తించబడింది.