Professor and Head
Dr. P.V.S. Kishore
+91 9949607030 pvskishore_1963[at]yahoo[dot]com
Qualification : M. V. Sc., Ph. D., FNAVS, FIAVA,FASAW
Specialization : Gross Anatomy,Histology & Embryology
- Histological & Histochemical Studies on the Testis and its Duct system. LAP Lambert Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG, Dudweiler Landstr 99, 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany in 2010.
- ‘Animal Ethics in Veterinary Anatomy’ chapter in IAVA book ‘New Horizons in Veterinary Anatomy’ in 2017.
- Laboratory manual for Applied Anatomy approved by the university for undergraduate students in 2001.
- Laboratory manual for BVSc & AH approved by the university for undergraduate students in 2017.
Research Projects handled
Awards and Achievements
- Awarded one gold medal for topping in the Board of Intermediate Education examination 1981.
- Awarded State Merit Scholarship by the Government of A.P.in 1981-1982.
- Awarded Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR) Scholarship by the Government of India in 1981-1982.
- International level
- “Humane Education Award 2003” by International Network for Humane Education(InterNICHE), England in 2003.
- “Best Educationist Award” for Education Excellence from International Institute of Education & Management, New Delhi in 2011.
- National level
- Dr. P.S. Lalitha Silver Jubilee Award and Gold Plated Silver Medal for the best publication in Indian Journal of Veterinary Anatomy by the Indian Association of Veterinary Anatomists in 2008.
- Dr. K. S. Roy Award and Gold Plated Silver Medal for the Best Paper in Histo-enzymology and Immuno-histochemistry from Indian Association of Veterinary Anatomists in 2011.
- Late Dr. D. S. Grover Memorial Award for Clinical Anatomy & Multidisciplinary approach from Indian Association of Veterinary Anatomists in 2015.
- Dr. Mohan Bhattacharya Award for Histology & Histochemistry from Indian Association of Veterinary Anatomists in 2016.
- State level
- Dr. G. Venkata Ratnam Memorial “Best Teacher Gold Medal Award” for 2013 from the Krishna Veterinarians’ Association & Senior Veterinarians Association’ of Andhra Pradesh.
- International level
- “Honorary Animal Welfare Officer”, Animal Welfare Board of India from 1992-1997.
- “Honorary Research Board of Advisor” 2001 - The American Biographical Institute.
- “Certificate of Excellence” as Member of Scientific Advisory Board for International Journal of Livestock Research in 2017 & 2018.
Outstanding contributions as Veterinarian
- Academic achievements
- Brought a grant of Rs 1,00,000=00 to the department from International Network for Humane Education (InterNICHE), England for purchase of models as teaching aids and alternatives in education.
- Brought a PG fellowship grant of US$ 8000 in 2009 from Bristol-Myers Squibb, Bangalore for post-graduate research on laboratory animals.
- Brought a PG fellowship grant of US$ 9000 in 2011 from Bristol-Myers Squibb, Bangalore for post-graduate research on laboratory animals.
- Established the ‘Willed body programme in Veterinary Education’ in 2018 as an innovative teaching-learning methodology evolved/adopted with a budget of Rs 20,00,000=00 in the Department of Veterinary Anatomy at NTR College of Veterinary Science, Gannavaram,the first of its kind in the country as per VCI regulations.
- Assignments & Special Invitations
- Assigned as CPCSEA Nominee/ Inspector by the Ministry of Environment & Forests, Government of India since August 2009 for about 50 institutions like medical, veterinary, pharmacy colleges and also CRO's till date.
- Assigned as Inspector by the Veterinary Council of India on two occasions.
- Resource Person at various interNICHE, England workshops in India in 2005.
- Presented Lead Papers, Invited/Plenary lectures and was Panel speaker at national and international level conventions on several occasions.
- Expert Committee Member for the state of Maharashtra to study the running capability of bulls in 2018.
- Expert Member (Chancellor’s nominee) for recruitment to the post of Professor Anatomy in Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Bhubaneswar in 2018.
- Special Invitee to the Adhoc Board of Studies in SP Mahila Viswa Vidyalaya Women’s University, Tirupati, A.P. since 07-12-2018.
- Referee / Reviewer for 6 national journals and 5 international journals. Chaired / Rapporteured / Judged scientific sessions in National Symposia for Anatomists at Conventions in Pondicherry 2010, Mathura 2011, Bangalore 2011, Thrissur 2012, Bikaner 2013 & Durg and Kolkata 2015, Hyderabad 2016,Bhubaneswar 2017, Gannavaram (ISACP International Conference) 2018, Aizawl,2018.
VCI Enrolment and Professional bodies Membership details
- Life member of the Indian Association of Veterinary Anatomists (IAVA)
- Life member of the Veterinary Council of India (VCI).
- Life member of the Indian Science Congress Association.
- Life member of the Indian Association for Advancement of Veterinary Research.
- Life member of the Association of Avian Health Professionals.
- Life member of the A.P. Veterinary Council.
- Life member of the Laboratory Animal Scientist’s Association of India.
- Life member of the Indian Society for Veterinary Surgery.
- Life member of the Indian Society for Advancement of Canine Practice.
- Life member of World Veterinary Association.
- Life member of the Indian Society for Veterinary Cardiology.
Areas of Interest
NTR College of Veterinary Science,
Gannavaram - 521 102, Krishna Dt.
via Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India.
NTR College of Veterinary Science, Gannavaram
Estd. under Act No.18 of 2005 of Govt. of A.P. & Recognized by UGC Under Section -2(f) of UGC Act.
యన్.టి.ఆర్ పశువైద్య కళాశాల, గన్నవరం
స్థాపితం. ప్రభుత్వం యొక్క 2005 నెం .18 కింద. A.P. & UGC చట్టం యొక్క విభాగం -2 (f) కింద UGC చే గుర్తించబడింది.