Dean of Veterinary Science
Dr.T.S CHANDRASEKHARA RAO
877 2249787 email@example.com
Qualification : M.V.Sc., Ph.D.
Specialization : Embryology and Avian Anatomy
|1994||Ph.D(Anatomy)||Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chennai|
|1986||M.V.Sc(Anatomy)||Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University, College of Veterinary Science TIRUPATI, A.P. India.|
|1984||B.V.Sc||Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University, College of Veterinary Science, TIRUPATI, A.P. India.|
- Dean, Faculty of Veterinary Science,SVVU from 27-6-2011
- Director of Research (FAC) of SVVU (1-7-2013 to 3-6-2014 and 22-11-2014 to 24-6-2016
- Comptroller(FAC) from 8-9-2015 to 3-2-2016 and 27-1-2016 to 4-6-2017
- Associate Dean,College of Veterinary Science,Tirupati (29-3-08 to 26-6-2011)
- Member,Board of Management, Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University, Bidar for 3 years from 16-1-2016
- Member,Sectoral Committee of Accreditation Board of ICAR on Curricula and Equivalence for three years from 7-8-2013.
- Chairman, Broad subject Matter Area committee on Basic veterinary sciences for revision of ICAR PG regulations and syllabus 2018
- Member,Governing Council,National Academy of Veterinary Sciences for two terms (2011-2016)
- President,Indian Association of Veterinary Anatomists for two terms (2012-2017)
- Member, Academic Council Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chennai for three terms(18-9-2011 to 17-9-2014), 22-12-2014 to 21-12-2017 and three years from 26-6-2018
- Member, Academic Council Karnataka Veterinary,Animal and Fisheries Sciences University,Bidar(10-4-2012 to 10-4-2014)
- Member,Expert Committee of Dept. of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries ,Ministry of Agriculture Government of India for development of concept paper on introduction of Ayurvedic curriculum in Veterinary courses and Harmonization of Diploma courses.
- Member, Advisory Committee of Dept. of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries ,Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India under Rule 16 of VCI for decision on recognition of three Veterinary Colleges(2017)
Number research scholar guided:M.V.Sc: 6,Ph.D: 2
- XXII Annual Convention of Indian Association of Veterinary Anatomists and National Symposium on Recent Advances in Anatomy of the Domestic animals with special reference to Developmental Anatomy during 21st to 23rd November, 2007 as Organizing Secretary at College of Veterinary Science,Tirupati .
- National Academy of Veterinary Sciences Convocation and technical conventionon”Role of Livestock farming in Poverty alleviation of landless and marginal farmers” on 24-1-09 at Tirupati
- XVI Convocation cum Scientific convention National Academy of Veterinary Sciences (I)on “Advancement in Veterinary Sciences:Impact on enhancing Farmers income”4th and 5th November,2017,Tirupatias Organizing Secretary
- One day seminar on “Impact and Perspectives of Dairying in Chittoor District” at C.V.Sc, Tirupati on the eve of Centenary celebrations of Chittoor district on 28-3-2011.
- An externally funded (ICAR Ad hoc) Research Scheme i.e., Pre and Postnatal development of Buffalo skull (Bubalusbubalis) at an outlay of Rs. 20 Lakhs was operated in the department from 8.8.2003 to 7-2-07 as Principal Investigator.The developmental horizons for embryos and fetuses of buffalo were established and criteria for determining age of buffaloes based on dentition was established.
- T.S.Chandrasekhara Rao and P.Jagapatiramayya2013.Fundamentals of Developmental Anatomy. New India Publishing Agency ISBN:979-93-81450-69-7,New DelhiPages 166.
- T.S.Chandrasekhara Rao, M.SanthiLaksmi and K.Rajalakshmi 2014.Development of Skull in the Bufalo(Bubalusbubalis) Pre and Postnatal Development,LambertAcdemicPublishing,Germny ISBN 9783659578588 Pages 207
- Kusumakar Sharma and T.S.Chandrasekhara Rao2013.Veterinary and Animal Science Education for Livestock Development.Chapter 45 in Hand Book of Animal Husbandry ,DKMA,ICAR,New Delhi ISBN 9788171640867 pages 1366 to1382 of 1550
|Nature||First Author||Second Author||Third Author||Fourth Author||Fifth Author||Total|
Awards and Achievements
- Bharat Ratna Dr.C.Subramaniam outstanding Teacher award of ICAR ( 2007-08)
- Meritorious Teacher Award (2006) of Government of A.P.
- Dr.L. Mohan Memorial Life Time Achievement Award(2017) of Dr. C. Krishna Rao Endowment Trust
- Dr.V.R.Bhamburkar IAVA Silver Jubilee Award for Veterinary Anatomist of the Year-2009.
- Dr.G.Venkatratnam best Administrator Award (2008) by Senior Veterinary Association,Vijayawada .
- Best Poster presentation award during National Symposium on “Recent Advances in Anatomy of the Domestic Animals ( 21-23,November 2007).
- Dr.V.Ramkrishna Silver Jubilee Award (2010) of IAVA for best paper in Anatomical Techniques.
- Dr.Md.Hafeezuddin Silver Jubilee Award (2010) of IAVA for best paper in Gross Anatomy.
- Late Dr.G.Rajeshwar Rao Memorial Award(2011) for the best paper in Applied Anatomy including Biomechanics PadmashreeDr.I.V.Subba Rao Rythunestham Puraskar-2017 conferred by Sri Muppavarapu Foundation and Rythunestham Foundation
- Fellow of National Academy of Veterinary Sciences(2006)
- Fellow of Indian Association of Veterinary Anatomists (2006)
- Fellow of Indian Association for the advancement of Veterinary Research(2018)
Awards for Guided Research
- Dr.A.M.Srivastava award (2006) of Indian Association for Veterinary Anatomists for outstanding Ph.D research conferred on Dr.M.Santhilakshmi .
- Dr.Md.Hafeezuddin Silver Jubilee Award (2009) of IAVA for best paper in Anatomy of Wild and Zoo Animals conferred on Dr.N.Rajendranath.
- Dr.ArunaKumariGangineniwas conferred Jawaharlal Nehru award(2008) for outstanding PG Agricultural Research by ICAR in the field of Animal Production and Veterinary Sciences.
- IAVA Young Scientist award(2011) conferred on Dr.S.Dhilleswara Rao .
VCI Enrolment and Professional bodies
- Member, Governing Council, National Academy of Veterinary Sciences for second time(2011-13,2014-2016)
- Life member and President of Indian Association of Veterinary Anatomists(2012-14 and 2015-17) for two Terms
- Life member Indian society for Buffalo development ,
- Life member Indian Association for Advancement of Veterinary Research,
- Life member Indian Veterinary Association,
- Life member Indian Science Congress Association,
- Life member National Academy of Biological Sciences.
- Life Member,Society of Agrinanotechnology