DIRECTOR OF EXTENSION
Dr. K. Nalini Kumari
+91 877 2249932
Qualification : M.V.Sc. Ph.D.,
Specialization : Canine Dermatology And Bovine Mastitis
|Ph.D.||College of Veterinary Science, Tirupati||Veterinary Medicine|
|M.V.Sc.||College of Veterinary Science, Hyderabad||Veterinary Medicine|
- Guided 14 MVSc and 2 PhD students as chairman and 15 MVSc and 2 PhD students as member of advisory committee.
- Arranged a three day national symposium of Indian Association of women veterinarians, state level interactive programs between university faculty and veterinarians,free anti-rabies vaccination camps, international women’s day, besides delivering 27 radio talks, 5 TV programs.
- Published 15 popular articles in vernacular language and 13 technical officer in English
- Published 91 articles in the major national and international journals of repute on various aspects.
Awards and Appreciations
- Awarded Major (Mrs.) Malika Trivedi IAAVR award from Indian Association for the Advancement of Veterinary Research (IAAVR) at 18th Indian Veterinary Congress and National Symposium on 23rd February, 2018 at CVSc, Tirupati.
- Got best poster presentation award in the 35th Annual convention of Indian Society for Veterinary Medicine held at Veterinary College and Research Institute, Tirunelveli during 22-24th February 2017.
- Post graduate student under my guidance got “ISACP Young Scientist Award 2016 “ for Best presentation in poster session of 12th annual convention on Indian society for advancements in canine practice held at Pantnagar during February, 2017.
- Received Second Best poster presentation award in 34th annual convention of ISVM and National Symposium at Ludhiana on 17-19, February, 2016.
- Got First oral presentation award for the session of Field Veterinarian’s Session at the 12th National Conference of AVHV and National Symposium on “One health: Approaches towards practice and future challenges” held at department of Veterinary Medicine, College of Veterinary Science and A.H., Chhattisgarh Kamdhenu Vishwavidyalaya, Durg on 2nd and 3rd December, 2016.
- Received second best poster presentation award in 34th annual convention of ISVM and National Symposium at Ludhiana on 17-19, February, 2016.
- Got the First Best poster presentation award for the session of Companion animal infectious diseases in the 33rd – ISVM Annual Convention and National symposium held at Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Pookode, Wayanad, Kerala during January 22 – 24, 2015.
- Awarded Smt. Ava Roy Gold Medal, a medal for the lady faculty of ISVM for the Outstanding contribution in teaching, research and other academic activities in the field of Veterinary Medicine on 01.02.2012 at the 30th ISVM Annual Conference and National Symposium held at CVSc & AH, Seleish, Aizwal, Mizoram.
- Received Andhra Pradesh State Best Teacher Award, Govt of Andhra Pradesh from the Chief Minister on 05.9.2011 in Hyderabad.
- Received a Certificate of appreciation from M/S Venky’s pet, a reputed Pharmaceutical company for guiding and supporting UG and PG students in Mission N.T. Mite: A clinical case contest in March 2010.
- Received Dr. Ramachandran and Sakkubai Gold medal award for the Silver Jubilee Year of 2008 by the Krishna Veterinary Association and Senior Veterinarians Association, Vijayawada.
- Elected as a Fellow of National Academy of Veterinary Science (India) during May 2008.
- Got the Best presentation award in Session V in the VIII IALV Convention and National symposium held at College of Veterinary science and Animal Husbandry Anjora, Durg during January 20 – 22, 2007.
- Got a prize for Oral presentation of a paper in the 2nd Session at the 24th ISVM National Conference held at Bangalore, during 22-24th February 2006.
- Awarded Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University’s Meritorious Teacher award on 11.03.2003
- ISVM appreciation award on 5th February by the Indian Society for Veterinary Medicine for the year 1998-99 at the 17th ISVM Annual Convention and a National Symposium held at Bhubaneswar for the contribution to the cause of the society.
- Awarded a letter of appreciation of being one of the five outstanding participants of the summer short course by the Director of the course organised at Division of Medicine, IVRI, Izatnagar, during August, 1998.
Projects Completed as Principal Investigator
- Etiotherapeutic aspects of Mastitis with special reference to ‘Refractory Mastitis’ in cattle
- “Studies on interrelationship between ketosis and sub clinical and / or clinical mastitis.”
Projects Completed as Co-Principal Investigator
- Clinico pathology, seroepidemiology and diagnosis of Leptospirosis in the domesticated and domiciled animals and man, at CVSc, Tirupati
- Clinico-therapeutic Studies on downer cow syndrome.
- Clinico pathological and sero-prevelence studies on infections Bovine Rhinotracheitis in Buffaloes
Symposia / Training Programs/ Work Shops Conducted
- Conducted a training programme on Mastitis and its management in colloquial language on 13.10.2017 as Course Director.
- Conducted a statewide training programme on Dealing with Dermatological disorders in dogs” for veterinary assistant surgeons from Department if Animal husbandry as Course Director from 21.9.2017 to 23.09.2017.
- Conducted a State level three day workshop on “Diagnostic Procedures and Therapy of Dermatological Disorders in Dogs – An Update” from 29.7.2013 to 31.7.2013 at Dept of Veterinary medicine, College of Veterinary science, Tirupati as Organizing Secretary and presented four talks.
- Conducted a program on ‘Awareness about Zoonotic Diseases – Need of the Hour’ as a part of World Zoonosis Day Celebrations involving human physician, AH officers and CVSc faculty on 06.7.2012 at College of Veterinary Science, Tirupati as a Coordinator (Proc.No. 1203/ Acad.II/12 of the Associate Dean).
- Conducted a three day National Symposium on “Advances in the Concepts of Animal Welfare, Health and Animal Husbandry” During 6 - 8th Jan 2010 at College of Veterinary Science, Tirupati as Organizing Secretary.
- 4 Conducted a State level Interactive meeting between University faculty and progressive farmers on 26th July at College of Veterinary Science, Tirupati as Convener.
- Conducted a State level Interactive meeting between University faculty and Animal husbandry Officers of the whole state on 27th July at College of Veterinary Science, Tirupati as Convener.