Implementation of the technical programme during the year
- The total number of calves born during the year was 31out of which 15 were males and 16 females.
- About 1200 tonnes of green fodder was produced at this station in the extent of existing fodder cultivated area of 60 Acres.
- Regular vaccination (against FMD, HS, and BQ) and deworming were carried monthly for calves below 6 months and for every 3 months.
- The body weights observed for the different groups of animals especially the average birth weight in calves is 28.2kgs.
- During the year 50012 kgs of milk were produced. After feeding 50239 kgs of milk to the calves, 44773 kgs of milk was sold. The wet average (kg) and herd average (kg) recorded during the year were 4.32 and 2.63, respectively. The average lactation yield of buffaloes completing their lactation during the period was 1484.5 kg
Targets and achievements during the year 2015-16
- A total number of calves born during the year was 33, out of which 18 were males and 15 were females.
- About 980 tonnes of green fodder was produced at this station
- Regular vaccination (against FMD, HS and BQ) and deworming were carried out on buffaloes at this station.
- The body weights observed for the different groups of animals were within the targets.
- During the year 71,120 kgs of milk were produced. 8480 kg of milk was fed to calves and 62,640 kgs of milk were sold. The wet average (kg) and herd average (kg) recorded during the year were 6.93 and 4.12, respectively.
- The average lactation yield of buffaloes completing their lactation during the period was 1606.23 kg.
Salient achievements of the station 2017-18:
|1||Birth weight of the calves (kgs)||30.73±0.72|
|2||Conception rate (%)||55.43%|
|3||Average age at 1st calving (months)||35.45±9.28|
|4||Average age at 1st calving (months)||45.80±2.18|
|5||Average service period (days)||148.19±16.20|
|6||Average dry period (days)||171.14±13.89|
|7||Calving interval (days)||468.28±20.64|
|8||Average milk production per day per animal (kgs)||7.29±0.62|
|9||Average lactation yield (kgs)||3.73±0.42|
|10||Average lactation length (days)||1917.57±117.10|
|11||Average peak yield (kgs)||288.52±6.25|
|12||Average fodder production per day (tonnes)||12.11±0.55|
|13||Total income generated||9.27|
|15||% of income generated||89.21%|
Buffalo Research Station, Venkataramannagudem
Estd. under Act No.18 of 2005 of Govt. of A.P. & Recognized by UGC Under Section -2(f) of UGC Act.