Complete Feed: The University has installed complete feed plants at :
- KV Palli
- VR Gudem
- Lam Farm
- Leptospira laboratory is helpful in studying epidemiology and control of Leptospyrosis in both animals and humans
- Development of gas operated cold storages for preservation of animal and fish products
- Isolated and characterized lytic bacteriophages against seven pathogens of mastitis and diarrhea
- Standardized molecular diagnostic technique for detection of Jaagsiekte sheep retrovirus (JSRV)
- Developed and successfully tested a vapour absorption refrigeration system aided bulk milk cooler (500 lts)
- Developed a gas operated cold storage for preservation of animal and fish products
- Developed probiotic enriched dairy products
- Studies on supply of probiotic lactic acid culture in sachets is under progress.
Conservation of native breeds through in Situ and Ex Situ Conservation
- Standardized Embryo collection, freezing and its transfer in Ongole and Pungunur cattle
- Nuclear transfer, cloning & production of embryos from prenatal follicles of sheep
- Karyotyping various indigenous livestock breeds of AP
- Molecular genetic characterization of livestock breeds of AP using various microsatellite markers
- Developed inactivated vaccine using BTV 2,9,10 serotypes against Blue tongue disease of sheep and the technology was transferred to VBRI for mass vaccine production
- Developed kits for monitoring vaccine response to enterotoxaemia vaccination
- Developed vaccine against Footrot disease of sheep and the field trial is completed
- The marine crab and sea bass culturing was standardized as alternative species to Tiger Prawn.
- Developed and promoted commercial prawn culture
- Standardized the technology for fish seed production : channa Striatus (murrel) seed was developed and supplied to small and marginal farmers
- Undertake the extension of advances in science and technologies to the rural people of the State of Andhra Pradesh.
- Continuing Education Programmes
- conducts short and long term courses to train trainers, farmers
- Brings out publications in vernacular language on new technologies and methods for the benefit of farmers.