Department of Livestock Farm Complex
The following staff have attended for the seminars during the year 2017-18
- Dr. MVAN Suryanarayana has attended XVI convention cum Scientific Convention of NAVS (1) on advancement in Veterinary Sciences: Impact on Enhancing farmer’s income from 4-5th November 2017.
- Dr. B. Devasena has attended XVI convention cum Scientific Convention of NAVS (1) on advancement in Veterinary Sciences: Impact on enhancing farmer’s income from 4-5th November 2017 and Indian Association of women veterinarian conference on 21-22nd November at Hyderabad
Department of Veterinary Microbiology
- CCVEC sponsored ”Recent advances in diagnosis of bacterial diseases of livestock” from 23-01-2001 to 25-01-2001
- CCVEC sponsored ”Recent advances in diagnosis of bacterial diseases of livestock” and maintainance of coldchain for effective vaccination from 12-09-17 to 14-09-17
- ICAR winter school on Molecular diagnosis of diseases of small ruminents from 4th to 24th october, 2017
- XXXI Annual convention of IAVMI and National symposium on "Innovations in Animal health – current challenges and future prospectives" from 29-01-18 to 31-01-18.
Programmes attended / conducted by the teaching staff
- Participating in Kisanmelas and Janmabhoomiprogrammes
- NSS animal health, deworming, vaccination and awareness camps
- Conducting world zoonoses day programme on 6th of July every year.
- Creating awareness to dog owners in Dog-shows
- Creating awareness to the dog owners about vaccination schedule to be adopted
- Acting as subject matter specialist in Health committee visits to different farms.
- Conducted vanammanamprogrammes, swachhbharatprogrammes.
Department of Veterinary Gynecology & Obstetrics
Seminar / Summer School / Conferences conducted / organised
- State level seminar on buffalo reproduction at Vijayawada in 1973
- All India Summer Institute on Animal Reproduction sponsored by ICAR in 1974
- In collaboration with Director of Animal Husbandry, AP conducted Ongole Cattle Show at Guntur in 1981.
- In collaboration with Director of Animal Husbandry, AP conducted seminar on Buffaloes at Tanuku in 1982
- Organised three VCI sponsored courses i.e., Handling of frozen semen and Reproductive Health Management in bovines to field officers.
- Organised 32nd Annual Convention and National Symposium of the Indian Society for Study of Animal Reproduction (ISSAR) from 6-8th December 2016.