This College is a constituent College of Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University,
Tirupati offering by Five Years Degree course BVSc & AH (Bachelor of Veterinary
Science & Animal Husbandry) the Veterinary graduates serve the livestock in the
field of animal husbandry and from 2016 year admitted batch onwards the duration
of course is Five and half years.
The Government of Andhra Pradesh has allotted land to an extent of Ac.83.42 cents
for the construction of college and Farm complex. The University has provided funds
for construction of new College building, Veterinary Clinical Complex, Livestock
Farm Complex Unit, Boys & Girls Hostels Sports Complex, Gym Building, Indoor Stadium,
Farmers Training Centre, Vehicles, Parking sheds etc. The College buildings have
been constructed and the equipment procured, infrastructural facilities provided
as per VCI norms which are mandatory since VCI Act is approved by Parliament of
The Veterinary Council of India, New Delhi has prescribed the regulations to meet
the minimum standards of veterinary education degree course BVSc & AH. This College
students’ strength started with an intake of 30 and increased to 75. The present
students strength on rolls is 301 (boys=151 and girls=150).
The PG programme started in three departments (Veterinary Pathology, Veterinary
Pharmacology & Toxicology and Livestock Production & Management) since 2015 and
the curriculum is running as per the ICAR guidelines and first batch students from
Depts. Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology and Veterinary Pathology have obtained
At present 70 Faculty members in the cadres of Professors (7), Associate Professors
(5) and Assistant Professors (36) and Contract Teachers (22), Medical Officer (1)
are in position in various departments and the supporting staff Administrative Officer
(1), Superintendent (1), Senior Assistants(3) , and outsourcing persons in office
and departments, farms and contractual workers for security, hostel and mess.
Farmers Training Centre
The students are excelling the fields of academics, sports, games, literary, and
cultural activities at college, university state and national levels.
- Students have excelled in inter collegiate sports games
and cultural meet in mono action, one act play, skit and group dance and bagged
over all championship in cultural and literary activities.
- Student got Gold medal in shuttle
badminton champion at national level.
- Students participated in NSS Youth camp at Rajamahendravaram
and bagged award in essay writing competition.
- Five students participated in Women parliamentarian
seminar at Amaravathi.
- Eight students selected for 17th All Inter
Agricultural University youth Festival at Bikaner.
- Many students selected for Inter Agricultural University
sports and games meet.
- Students are excelling in academics and awarded university
Gold medal for achieving highest OGPA and also bagged Dr. C K Rao
Endowment award for best outgoing student and this year Subhasree was awarded ‘Hariprasad
Raju Memorial award’ ‘Satyam Rukmini Devi award’ ‘Dwaraka Chala Sreeramulu Reddy
award by the university.
- Students participated in VIRBAC company sponsored quiz
and reached up to zonal level and scored highest in South zone.
- Students got 1st prize
in LPM quiz competitions in LPM Conference at Srinagar in the month of May-17.
- Students are attending conferences of various professional
societies at National level and presenting papers (oral and poster) and also publishing
papers in various journals of repute.
- Students are actively participating in mini projects
under the guidance of staff members of various departments.
- Students started appearing GRE and other competitive
examinations at national level. One student has got admission for MS (Texas
A&M University) programme and motivated other students in the interaction
meetings conducted in the college.
- Students have excelled in PG entrance examination-2017
and 4 students are among the top 10.
The following NSS activities have been taken up carrying over every year in this
- World Veterinary Day.
- Anti Terrorism Day.
- Sadbhavana Day.
- NSS Day.
- NSS Special Animal Health Camp was conducted for seven day at various Mandals of
Kadapa district. 10,000 animals were treated during this camp. The farmers were
educated about the package of practices of Livestock and Poultry Management. Awareness
was created about Hygiene, sanitation and adult education in the villages.
- International Non – Violence Day.
- Swachh Bharat oath was taken up and Clean and Green programme is a regular every
- National Voters Day.
- World Zoonoses Day.
- World yoga Day.
- National Sports Day.
- Meditation classes were arranged in the college and hostels.
- Digitization of transactions awareness.
- Awareness of Health tips for not consuming junk foods, anemia and its consequences
- Blood Donation Camp was organized in collaboration with Red Cross Society, Kadapa.
Students and Teaching staff actively participated and donated blood in this camp.
Estimation of Hemoglobin to girl students, teaching and non teaching staff and blood
group determination for all 1 st yr students were carried out by Dept. of Veterinary
- Students of this College used to donate old age and orphan home either in cash,
required items or kind and give them moral support to these orphan people which
is a regular practice on 1st January of every year.
- NSS Activity During 2016-17
- B – Certificate – 14 (Now eligible for C)
- C – Certificate – 16
- Hostels, Examination Halls and administrative building is under CC camera surveillance.
- Biometric devices installed for daily attendance under various
programmes IUMS, Vidyawan and Jnana Bhumi (Govt. of AP).
- Campus Declared Green Energy campus (Solar panels installed).