- Conducting basic as well as clinical and field oriented research.
- Conducting need based and innovative research which is useful to the farmers as well as to the profession.
- Expertise areas of research from this department at present include
- Veterinary Ophthalmology
- Surgical Oncology
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Diagnostic imaging
Minot research project – Ongoing:
Evaluation of autologous platelet rich plasma for fracture healing in goats with special reference to biochemical markers of bone remodelling – Dr. J. Devarathnam.
PhD research – Ongoing :
Evaluation of effects of Lignocaine and Ropivacaine on proliferation, invasion and metastasis of canine mammary tumours – Dr. J. Devarathnam.
Etiopathogenesis, diagnosis and management of extra ocular disease in ruminants.
- Comparative evaluation of carprofen and flunixin meglumine on peri and post operative pain management in dogs.
- Evaluation of xylazine and dexmedetomidine as premedicant for propofol induction and isoflurane maintenance of general anaesthesia in goats.
- Autologous platelet rich plasma for operative wound healing in dogs.