Department of Livestock Production and Management
- Advisory Member in Animal production related matters of
TTD - S.V foundation for indigenous cattle, Palamaner.
- Member of Health Advisory Committee of S.V. Zoological
- RASS (Rastriya Seva Samiti)- STEP Project - Technical
Member assisting Animal Husbandry related activities.
- Nominated as Member of “CONTINGENCY CELL” regarding disaster
management for the state of A.P. under the operation of SVVU and ICAR – CRIDA.
- Preparation of Pasuvignana panchangam released in the
- Acting as editor for the SVVU Official Journal, Journal
of Animal Health Production and Technology.
- The department staff act as subject matter specialists
in training programmes conducted by Centre for Continuing Veterinary Education and
AICRP on pigs existing in the campus every year.
- Regular training programmes for farmers in modern methods
of Dairy cattle management and production.
Department of Livestock Products Technology
The Department avails high profile technical expertise in conducting training programmes to farmers, self help groups, small-scale entrepreneurs, public and suitable stakeholders in the field of:
Department of Veterinary Extension
- Organization of farm & home visits and field visits with the students to provide
first hand information to the students and to ascertain the needs of the livestock
farmers in person.
- Organization of field demonstrations to prove the university technologies even under
field conditions and make the farmers to adopt the same.
- Organization of method demonstration to introduce new skills and/or to improve the
existing skills among livestock farmers on various aspects of livestock farming.
- Organization of on campus and off campus training programmes in different aspects
of livestock production and management for the benefit of the livestock farmers
and farm women.
- Organization of campaign and exhibitions at farmers’ places to make them informed
about the technology and disseminate the same.
- Carrying out the practical application of PRA tools towards need identification
and easy inculcation of latest technologies.
- Carrying out the regular educational and extension activities for the benefit of
students and livestock farmers, respectively.
- Providing 24×7 advisory services (Toll Free Number: 1800 120 4209) to the livestock
farmers and entrepreneurs towards improving the potentials of livestock farming.
- Carrying out the technology assessment and refining the same towards its feasibility
and applicability for adoption under field conditions.
- Organization of Kisan Mela to create awareness and educate farmers about latest
farming technologies and recent developments in livestock and allied fields and
to inform farmers about ongoing research in various aspects of livestock farming
and to enable farmers to discuss with University scientists about problems relating
to livestock and allied aspects directly as well as to provide an opportunity for
the farmers to directly contact input manufacturers, dealers, and also to know about
latest inputs, technologies, equipment etc. available in market.
- Taking up the process of selection of adopted village (There should be no factions
and feuds, while acceptability and cooperation of the farmers are prime requisites
and village should not be a big or small in size), to improve the overall economic
status of the livestock farmers and farm women, through technological interventions
and farming systems approach.
Department of Veterinary Gynecology & Obstetrics
- Department staff actively participates in fertility camps in rural areas and advise
the farmers in the field of reproduction.
- Department staff also extends technical help to the dairy farms located in and around
Tirupati as and when required.
- Dr. K. Mouli Krishna, Professor and HOD who is instrumental in standardising “Non-manual
removal of RFM” seriously involved in disseminating the same to field veterinarians
Department of Veterinary Public Health and Epidemiology
- The farmers from different villages are trained on the benefits of Clean milk productin, hygienic practices during milk production chain in collaboration with NGO’s like RASS.
Wholesome and Disease Free Meat Production
- The butchers in and around Tirupati are being educate by the department about pre slaughter care, hygienic maintenance of meat shops and equipment, hygienic handling of carcasses of food animals which are very essential for wholesome and disease free (zoonoses) meat production.
- During the outbreak of Anthrax in Chittoor district the staff of this department involved in conducting ante mortem and post mortem examination of food animals in the Municipal slaughterhouse, Tirupati till such time the confidence is instilled in the public regarding the wholesomeness and disease free meat production.
- During the time of Avian Influenza outbreak in our country the department is pioneering in dispelling the myth about the occurrence of avian influenza in Andhra Pradesh and developed confidence among the poultry farmers and meat consumers. The impact of chemical residues such as pesticides and antibiotics livestock products on human health was published in Telugu for the benefit of public.
- Conducting ABST for clinical samples of mastitis cases regularly by the department sent by Clinical Complex.