The Department of Gynecology & Obstetrics was started in 1955. It was developed in to a PG faculty during 1973 – 74. In 1973 it was re-designated as Department of Animal Reproduction & Gynecology. Doctoral programme was started from 1978-79 on wards. So far 100 M.V.Sc., students and 18 Doctoral students were awarded degree.
Department is equipped with well established laboratories including biotechnology and the prestigious Museum – the centre of attraction.