The Department of surgery and Radiology was started in 09-07-1958. In 1960 Surgery
was separated from Gynecology. In the year 1980 the department was renamed as Department
of surgery and Radiology. Post graduate Programme was started in 1962 and Doctoral
Programme was started in 1983. This Department has produced 110 M.V.Sc and 15 PhD
Students so far. The Department is known for its noteworthy contributions in the
fields like Electro anesthesia, Acupuncture, Embryo Transfer Technology, Bio-Materials,
Large animal and Small animal anesthesia and Cancer Research.